Enterprise Educators UK’s Annual Conference
Swansea University, 7th – 9th September 2022
Join us at the leading forum for enterprise and entrepreneurship educators and practitioners – the 16th International Entrepreneurship Educators Conference (IEEC).
IEEC is highly regarded for its participatory style with a wide range of educator-led interactive sessions and seminars as well as keynotes led by inspirational experts from across the world.
Join us by the bay at Swansea University for our first in-person conference since 2019. The call for session proposals is now CLOSED.
Details of the programme are available here.
For more information about our keynote speakers, please visit here.
By participating you will learn, connect, contribute and network with old and new colleagues and friends. Most importantly, at the end of the three days, you will be inspired to try new approaches, enabled and equipped to be more innovative and better able to maximise the impact of your work.
Who should participate?
- HE and FE enterprise and entrepreneurship educators and practitioners working inside or outside the curriculum
- Incubator and enterprise centre managers, project managers, business support professionals and others who are supporting start up and growth
- Careers and employability professionals – particularly those interested in the contribution that enterprise makes to employability
- Senior leaders in HE and FE who influence policy and strategy related to enterprise and entrepreneurship education
- Policy makers who have influence over the provision of enterprise and entrepreneurship education
- Researcher developers – particularly those interested in developing enterprising attributes in early career researchers
- Knowledge transfer professionals – particularly those who support academics to develop the skills they need to maximise the impact of their research
IEEC is organised annually by Enterprise Educators UK – find out more about EEUK here.
IEEC2022 co-host Swansea University
At Swansea University, Entrepreneurship is embedded within the very foundations of our City. From the infamous Morfa Copperworks which at its peak in the 19th century is believed to have produced 90% of the world’s copper, all the way up to the present day with the £1.3bn Swansea Bay City Deal that is driving development across the region.
In 2014, Swansea was declared the world’s first ‘Entrepreneurial’ City of Learning by UNESCO, and in 2020 was recognised as the top 4th place in the UK to start a business. Wales’ City of Culture, Swansea is the birthplace of writer and poet, Dylan Thomas. A cosy but cosmopolitan city, it is full of local character, diversity, and charm. It is also home to world-renowned beaches, which we would strongly advise all of those attending this year’s conference to visit!
Swansea University was founded by Industry, for Industry over 100 years ago. It originated in the dreams of the miners and industrialists whose hope it was that their university would provide new opportunities for their communities. With a student community that has grown from just 89 in 1920 to around 22,000 today and with more than 40 companies co-located on our campuses, we remain true to the ambitions of our founders, developing the skills of tomorrow and working with industrial, commercial, and public sector partners for the benefit of our region and nation.
With state-of-the-art facilities, as well as being the closest university to the beach in the world, you will have a fantastic experience during your visit. Supported by our sector-leading Student Ambassador Scheme and invaluable members of staff from across the university throughout the conference, your experience at Swansea will be enjoyable, seamless and truly unique.
We are looking forward to seeing you in September!