Portland Crescent, Leeds, LS1 3HB, UK
Registration is now OPEN
The Early Bird deadline is Friday June 29th
Join us in Leeds at the leading global three day forum for enterprise and entrepreneurship educators and practitioners – the 13th International Entrepreneurship Educators Conference (IEEC).
IEEC is highly regarded for its participatory style with a wide range of educator-led interactive parallel sessions and Pecha Kucha presentations as well as keynotes led by inspirational experts from across the world.
By attending you will learn, participate, connect, contribute and network with old and new colleagues and friends. Most importantly, at the end of the three days, you will go home inspired to try new approaches, enabled and equipped to be more innovative and better able to maximise the impact of your work.
Who should attend?
- HE and FE enterprise and entrepreneurship educators and practitioners working inside or outside the curriculum
- Senior leaders in HE and FE who influence policy and strategy related to enterprise and entrepreneurship education
- Policy makers who have influence over the provision of enterprise and entrepreneurship education
- Incubator and enterprise centre managers and staff and others who are supporting venture creation and growth
- Careers and employability professionals – particularly those interested in the contribution that enterprise makes to employability
- Researcher developers – particularly those interested in developing enterprising attributes in early career researchers
- Project managers and project team members supporting start-ups and SMEs
- Knowledge transfer professionals – particularly those who support academics to develop the skills they need to maximise the impact of their research
Keynotes confirmed so far
Jing Zhang, China Chief Representative of the UK Higher Education Academy (Advance HE) and an enterprise educator. Jing will discuss the “wild land” of opportunity for enterprise education in China.
Dr Martin Lackéus, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. Martin holds a PhD in Entrepreneurial Education and will discuss a ‘high tension approach’ to designing an entrepreneurial university.
Professor Hideyuki Horii, Executive Director, i.school and Emeritus Professor, University of Tokyo. Prof. Horii will discuss how i.school and the Japan Social Innovation Center support the development of innovative ideas for products, services, business models and social systems.
Margherita Bacigalupo, Research fellow at the Joint Research Centre, European Commission. Margherita will share her passion for EntreComp, the European Entrepreneurship Competence Framework . She will introduce EntreComp into Action, the user guide to the framework and will provide insights into new policy developments in the field of Entrepreneurship Education at European level.
Lord Karan Bilimoria CBE DL. Lord Bilimoria will discuss live policy issues of relevance to enterprise educators and will present his vision for how EEUK and its members can help to influence future policy.
More information about the keynote speakers and their sessions can be found here.
Leeds is a one of the UK’s premier business tourism destinations renowned for its excellent culture, shopping, nightlife, restaurants and great sporting tradition. It also provides the perfect base from which to explore the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Leeds is the UK’s third largest city and has an incredibly diverse economy with the UK’s largest centres for business, legal, and financial services outside London. Other business strengths include manufacturing, biotech and the creative industries. Information about Leeds and the surrounding area can be found here.
Leeds Beckett University has a long standing reputation for supporting graduate enterprise and entrepreneurship. In the last 15 years we have supported over 800 businesses through a network of University Business Centres in the region.
These Centres offer managed workspace plus access to mentoring, training and events which help businesses to accelerate their growth. Being enterprising is a graduate attribute that is embedded throughout the University’s curriculum.
We look forward to welcoming IEEC delegates to Leeds!