Thursday, 7th September
12.35pm – 1.40pm
Room 39 MS 02
The Secrets of Successful Case Writing
This workshop, run by The Case Centre and led by case method expert Trevor Williamson, is an invaluable opportunity for delegates to find out more about case writing.
This PDW will be of benefit to anyone interested in:
• writing a case study
• looking for some ideas and fresh inspiration to write a case
• learning about the essential components of an effective case and picking up some tips on how to write one
• turning their entrepreneurial experiences into a case study.
Participants will learn what makes a good teaching case and recognise the importance of a teaching note. Useful insight will be gained into the tools and techniques involved in crafting a case to enhance the appeal and learning experience of their students. The instructor will illustrate best practice and provide useful hints and tips on the secrets of successful case writing. The session will be interactive and participants will be encouraged to share their case writing ideas and experiences.
12.45pm – 1.30pm
Room 32 MS 01
Brown Bag for Concerned Enterprise Educators
Connect, Share, Shape…
Are you concerned about the climate and ecological crisis? Do you want to connect with Enterprise Educators who feel the same? Perhaps you want to change your practice but don’t know where to start? Maybe you are already working, or advanced, in this area and have practice to share? Join this lunch-and-learn session to consider how to contribute to moving on from Business as Usual…
The session will include:
- the opportunity to connect with colleagues who are concerned, curious or working on these issues…
- a forum to share what you are already doing and/or what you want to do…
- the opportunity to feed-in to a SIG proposal (being convened by Manchester Metropolitan University and the University of Liverpool)
A Brown Bag is an informal lunch meeting aiming to promote conversation about an issue of concern. The conversation is being hosted by the University of Surrey’s Institute for Sustainability and convened by Manchester Metropolitan University’s Department for Strategy, Enterprise and Sustainability and the University of Liverpool Management School. Grab your lunch and be part of the conversation!
<To download the flyer for this event, click here>